Click here to apply.
We have an opening at our Friona, TX facility for a Nutrient Delivery System (NDS) Technician. This position is responsible for ensuring the continuity of supply chain requirements, accurate formulation, and pricing of nutritional products manufactured at Hi-Pro Feeds facilities in order to to meet Customer and Hi-Pro Feeds business goals and objectives. The NDS Technician works in collaboration with all areas of the business including Pricing, Production, Procurement, Nutrition, Sales, Customer Service, and Quality Assurance.
- Build new and maintain existing diets
- Least cost formulation of feed formulas, auditing of feed programs, and challenging ingredient and nutrient constraints
- Capture Formulation cost-saving metrics
- New products setup and associated entries in accounting software and batching equipment
- Creation and maintenance of formulation-related standard operating procedures
- Develop and execute on pricing strategy to enhance overall profitability including spot, contract, and pricelist pricing
- Generation of Pricelists and margin maintenance
- Analyze pricing data to understand the impact pricing decision and strategies have on market share and profitability.
- Work with operations, buyers, truck logistics coordinator, suppliers, and railroad to ensure optimum inventory levels of ingredients are on hand.
- Manage lead times of inbound ingredients
- Maintain accuracy with Purchase Orders, delivery dates and costing information within the HiPro computer system
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, Ag Business, Business. MBA considered a plus.
- High attention to detail and accuracy; strong problem solving skills
- Skilled in handling large data sets in spreadsheet platforms
- Knowledge of and ability to work with numbers and unit conversions.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet applications and e-mail programs.
- Adaptable; receptive to new ideas; Flexible: willing and able to adjust to changing demands and circumstances.
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to work with other departmental teams
- Ability to travel occasionally
This is a full-time position, located in Friona, TX.
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.