For minimizing loss of body condition during lactation in dairy cows.
Mix this supplement with grain and forage at 10.8% of the diet dry matter to provide monensin sodium at 12 mg/kg in the complete feed dry matter. For complete grain rations, mix 222 kg of this Hi-Pro Feeds 16% Dry Cow Primer with 778 kg grain and feed to dry dairy cows with free choice low potassium forage. Always provide a source of fresh clean water.
The following table indicates the maximum allowable daily intake of Hi-Pro 16% Dry Cow Primer for different body weights:
|Body Weight (kg)||400||500||600||700|
|Maximum Daily Intake (kg as fed)||1.52||1.85||2.22||2.36|
Warning: Do not supplement monensin from other sources (eg. other feed stuffs containing monensin or the Rumensin Controlled Release Capsule). Keep out of reach of children.
- Directions for use must be carefully followed.
- Do not use in association with another feed containing supplemental Selenium.
- Do not allow dogs, horses or other equines or guinea fowl access to formulations containing monensin. Ingestion of monensin by these species has been fatal.
- The 24 g/tonne monensin treatment in primiparous cows may result in the increased incidence of udder edema and increased number of inseminations per full term conception.
- The continuous use of monensin in dairy cows may be associated with increased rates of twinning and stillbirths, and have heavier birth weights for heifer calves.
Note: Complete diet refers to the complete feed plus the roughage and must be corrected to a 100% dry matter basis.
Individual results from the use of this product may vary due to management, environment, genetics, health and sanitation differences. Therefore, Hi-Pro Feeds LP does not warrant or guarantee individual results.
A list of ingredients used in this feed may be obtained from the manufacturer or registrant. This feed contains added Selenium at 2.7 mg/kg.
Active Drug Ingredient:
|Monensin Sodium||100 mg/kg|
|Crude Protein (min)||16.0%||Iron (act)||250 mg/kg|
|Crude Fat (min)||3.0%||Iodine (act)||9.7 mg/kg|
|Crude Fibre (max)||9.0%||Copper (act)||100 mg/kg|
|Fluorine (max)||150 mg/kg||Manganese (act)||410 mg/kg|
|Calcium (act)||2.2%||Zinc (act)||782 mg/kg|
|Phosphorus (act)||0.5%||Cobalt (act)||4 mg/kg|
|Sodium (act)||0.3%||Vitamin A (min)||69,000 IU/kg|
|Magnesium (act)||1.0%||Vitamin D (min)||11.300 IU/kg|
|Potassium (act)||1.0%||Vitamin E (min)||650 IU/kg|