For feedlot cattle
- For improved feed efficiency in beef cattle (steers and heifers) fed in confinement for slaughter.
- As an aid in the prevention of Coccidiosis caused by Eimeria bovis and Eimeria zuernii in cattle.
Mixing and Feeding Instructions:
Include the following amount of Viterra Diluted Rumensin Drug Premix 1100 for feedlot cattle in 1 tonne of growing-finishing feedlot ration (dry matter basis).
Feed Efficiency Claim: Mix 30 kg of Hi-Pro Diluted Rumensin Drug Premix 1100 per tonne (1000 kg) to provide 33 g/tonne Monensin activity. Feed this mixed ration at a level of 5.0 kg/day to 200 kg cattle, 10.0 kg/day to 400 kg cattle, and 15.0 kg (dry matter basis) per day to 600 kg cattle. No withdrawal is required.
Coccidiosis Claim: Mix 20 kg of Hi-Pro Diluted Rumensin Drug Premix 1100 per tonne (1000 kg) to provide 22 g/tonne Monensin activity. Feed this mixed ration at a level of 5.0 kg/day to 200 kg cattle, 10.0 kg/day to 400 kg cattle, and 15 kg/day (dry matter basis) to 600 kg cattle. No withdrawal is required.
Thoroughly mix medication in feed before using. Do not feed undiluted.
Warning: Do not supplement monensin from other sources (eg. other feedstuffs containing monensin or the Rumensin Controlled Release Capsule).
- Directions for use must be carefully followed.
- Do not exceed recommended levels as reduced average daily gains may result.
- Do not allow dogs, horses or other equines, or guinea fowl access to formulations containing monensin. Ingestion of monensin by these species has been fatal.
- Feed only to Beef Cattle (steers and heifers) intended for slaughter and maintained under confinement.
- Do not use monensin-medicated feed for the treatment of outbreaks of coccidiosis.
- May be used in feeds containing the pellet-binding agents Bentonite (2%), Attapulgite (2%), Kaolin (2.5%), Lignin Sulfonate (4%), Carboxymethylcellulose (0.1%) or Agri-Colloid.
Feeds Act Registration No. 680203.
See bag or invoice for net weight and date of manufacture.
Expiry Date: Twelve months from Date of Manufacture.
Individual results from the use of this product may vary due to management, environment, genetics, health and sanitation differences. Therefore, Hi-Pro Feeds LP does not warrant or guarantee individual results.
Ground barley, ground wheat, wheat millrun, limestone, red iron oxide, monensin sodium DIN 02231173.
Active Drug Ingredient:
|Monensin Sodium (Rumensin)||0.11% (1100 mg/kg)|
|Calcium (act)||2.0%||Phosphorus (act)||0.4%|