Hi-Pro Natural Calf ™ 20-20 Milk Replacer (Non-Medicated)
Hi-Pro Natural Calf™ 20-20 Milk Replacer is a non-medicated nutritional alternative for dairy and beef calves.
|GREENLINE™ Additive||A natural dietary additive which results in greater gains, improved health, and a faster start.|
|ARCHITECT™ Formulation System||Proprietary manufacturing process which combines a complex carbohydrate with protein and fat to improve health and increase calf starter intake.|
|All milk protein milk replacer||Improves digestibility of milk replacer which results in improved calf health and performance.|
- Use the plastic cup provided to measure the milk replacer powder.
- Mix replacer according to the schedule listed below by adding the powder to water as indicated and mix thoroughly.
|Milk Replacer Powder||water (110-120ºF.)|
|Recommended||12 oz. (full cup)||+2 quarts|
|Standard||10 oz. (full cup)||+2 quarts|
|Recommended||1 ½ lbs. (24 oz.)||+1 gallon|
|Standard||1 ¼ lbs. (20 oz.)||+1 gallon|
Feeding Directions: (two days of age to weaning)
Large Breeds: Feed 2.3 quarts or fill the 2-quart bottle to the rim with reconstituted liquid milk replacer and feed twice a day.
Small Breeds: Feed 1 ½ – 2 quarts reconstituted milk replacer twice a day.
In extremely cold weather, it may be beneficial to add another feeding of calf milk replacer in the middle of the day. Add ½ cup of milk replacer powder to 1 quart of 110-120°F water, mix and feed to one calf at midday. A characteristic of this product is a slight layering that occurs after a prolonged period of time. If layering occurs, remix before feeding.
- Feed newborn calves three quarts of high-quality warm colostrum via nipple bottle within one hour of birth and repeat 12 hours later (or) feed four quarts of high-quality warm colostrum by esophageal feeder within one hour of birth and repeat 12 hours later via nipple bottle as much as they will consume.
- Consult with your veterinarian on a dry cow and calf vaccination program including but not limited to E. Coli, rota and coronavirus, Clostridium, and salmonella.
- For best mixing, continuously stir with wire whip while adding the powder to 100-120°F. water (hot as you can tolerate on your hand) use correct water temperature to avoid product separation. Feed milk replacer at 90-100°F.
- Begin feed milk replacer on day two and provide fresh, clean water along with high quality, palatable Hi-Pro Feeds calf starter on a free-choice basis.
- Observe calves closely during the milk replacer feeding period. Avoid underfeeding, which may result in starvation, or over-consumption which may increase the incidence of scours.
- Continue to feed milk replacer until the calf is consuming a minimum 1 ½ pounds of calf starter per day, which usually occurs within 4-6 weeks of age.
|Crude Protein (min)||200%||Phosphorus (min)||0.70%|
|Crude Fat (min)||20.0%||Vitamin A(min)||120,000 IU/lb|
|Crude Fiber (max)||0.15 %||Vitamin D(little 3) (min)||5,000 IU/lb|
|Calcium (min)||0.75%||Vitamin E (min)||100 IU/lb|
- Friona, TX
- Comanche, TX
Find Your Hi-Pro Dealer.
Ready to make Hi-Pro work for you? We’re glad to hear it.